By Sue Wieberg and Damian Szajnar
Recently, Oracle announced that Pod 1 and Pod 2 clients will need to update application URLs to new URLs by this coming Fall (2016). After the expiration dates, any calls that use the old URLs will no longer work. Many folks that I talk to about this realize this could have a huge impact, but aren’t exactly sure what it means.
When is this happening?
Oracle has just announced that they are delaying this change indefinitely. That’s right, the original deadlines of November 18, 2016 for Pod 1 and December 11, 2016 for Pod 2 have been extended.
BUT, you should still make plans to change these URLs as Oracle will eventually implement the URL standardization though we have no idea when. We’re happy to help use our automated solution to do this for you.
Where are these URLs used?
- The “action” in the form tag on the landing page e.g. form action – like http://now.eloqua.com/e/f2″></form
- Eloqua tracking scripts
- API applications
- Any webpages not hosted in Eloqua that may use, or post data to Eloqua.
What URLs are impacted?
http://now.eloqua.com changes to http://secure.p01.eloqua.com
https://secure.eloqua.com changes to https://secure.p01.eloqua.com
https://insight.secure.eloqua.com changes to https://insight.p01.eloqua.com
https://apps.secure.eloqua.com changes to https://apps.p01.eloqua.com
http://www02.secure.eloqua.com changes to http://secure.p02.eloqua.com
https://www02.secure.eloqua.com changes to https://secure.p02.eloqua.com
https://insight.www02.secure.eloqua.com changes to https://insight.p02.eloqua.com
https://apps.www02.secure.eloqua.com changes to https://apps.p02.eloqua.com
Why is this happening?
This is due to a change Oracle made back in Fall 2015. They changed the application URLs for Pod 1 and Pod 2 to align with other Eloqua pods. They decided that they would not be renewing the old certificates for secure.eloqua.com (Pod 1) and www.02.secure.eloqua.com (for Pod 2).
How we can help
Sojourn will perform the following tasks:
- Crawl all Eloqua assets and web pages hosted inside and outside of Eloqua
- Produce a report that identifies locations of old URLs associated with previous POD configurations
- Replace old URLs with new proper URLs on internally (Eloqua) hosted pages
- Replace old URLs with new proper URLs on externally hosted pages as directed
Timeline? A few days. Cost? About $3000
Need some help? Give us a shout!