By Karin Pindle
Oracle announced earlier this year that they are doing away with Cloud Connectors & Components in Eloqua. But they recently announced new dates that will extend when the changes will go into effect. Woohoo! More time to put off the inevitable. Here’s the lowdown:
- Instead of July 1, 2016, it will be February 1, 2017 when you will no longer be able to add the Cloud Connectors & Components to your Eloqua landing pages or campaigns
- Instead of December 31, 2016, it will be March 31, 2017 when existing Connectors & Components used in Eloqua will be deactivated…meaning they will STOP working which will disrupt your live campaign and landing pages
Do you know what Cloud Connectors & Components are activated in your Eloqua? Do you have a plan to replace them with another solution? Such as Apps from Oracle’s AppCloud Marketplace. Apps are the new, and in some cases, improved versions of the old Cloud Connectors & Components, but not all Cloud Connectors & Components will have an App replacement. View the rundown here.
If you don’t address this, here is what will happen after February 1, 2017:
- Campaigns: contacts entering ‘Send to Cloud Connector steps’ on a campaign canvas will be put into an errored state and either remain in the step, or travel down the error path if one is configured
- Landing Pages: cloud components on landing pages will be removed, and the landing pages will render without the externally sourced content
And, here is what will happen after March 31, 2017:
- Campaigns and landing pages using Cloud Connectors or Components will not work as intended until they are removed
- Program Builder Cloud Connectors and Feeders will stop working
- The cloudconnector.eloqua.com site will be shut down on Mar 31st, 2017 so you won’t be able to log-in and see, or worse, document what was configured
Need help figuring all this out? Like Milton in Office Space, sometimes it can be hard to focus on a big change like this when you have a lot of others things going on; like your day job. We would be happy to help manage this for or with you. Since 2005, our team has been helping Eloqua customers navigate through big changes like this one.
Contact us to continue the conversation.