Job description and requirements
As Delivery Director, you will be responsible for ensuring your team meets the highest standards of client service by supporting the delivery of multiple projects across several consultants. You will lead and manage a small professional team of consultants to support delivery across our EMEA client portfolio as well as oversee the recruitment effort to grow our team.
As an expert and trusted advisor in the modern marketing space, you will provide engagement leadership and support the development of senior level client relationships. Drawing on your network in the platform for which your expertise lies, your remit will be to build and nurture Sojourn Solutions footprint in that ecosystem.
To be successful, you’ll need to work closely with your team to help identify our clients’ specific needs and business objectives, mentor accordingly to help implement solutions that help achieve client goals whilst supporting the development of expertise within the team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for team deliverables to clients by overseeing and supporting projects
- Support development of our teams skill set and experience. Identify opportunities for team members to grow personally and diversify their skills to support the business
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service, as well as soliciting and acting on client feedback
- Grow the delivery capabilities in your chosen technology (Eloqua / Marketo / Pardot) by supporting the sales function with new logo accounts
- Consistently evaluate and promote best practice in client management and delivery methodologies while ensuring alignment and knowledge sharing of Sojourn Solutions’ best practice is being adhered to by the team and that the team is following a cohesive approach.
- Effectively demonstrate the value of the services delivered to clients – as well as supporting the delivery team to ensure they are documenting and communicating the value of the projects they deliver. Work with the delivery team to ensure all projects use Sojourn Solutions’ Peak Performance methodology.
- Responsible for working discipline within the team to ensure utilisation targets are met
- Effectively manage team availability to ensure clients have continuity of service whilst ensuring projects are resourced efficiently
- Expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships introducing new opportunities accordingly
- Support consultants to identify requirements clients may not recognise and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs, for both the clients and the team member
- Support strategic development of new business and work with sales/marketing to ensure scope of work for each project is accurate and deliverable
- Responsible for reviewing and signing off estimates and statements of work – the Delivery Director must fully understand the scoping process.
- Work with other Delivery Directors in other regions to align on knowledge sharing and delivery where Consultants support cross regional clients.
Key Skills and Requirements
- Proven track record of client satisfaction in organizations of all sizes
- Solid experience interacting with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the CEO to administrative support staff
- Extensive Marketo / Eloqua / Pardot delivery experience
- Demonstrable experience of growing and increasing a client portfolio
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to develop clear processes, both within client delivery and when managing a team
- Adept at learning new technologies, particularly to manage and mentor team members
- Expansive marketing automation experience and understanding of marketing operations best practices
- Commitment to stay up-to-date with relevant new learning and be an active participant in company sponsored learning events
- Uphold the highest of business ethics and personal integrity
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years related experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top tier consulting firms or digital agencies (including web, analytics, marketing operations and strategic consulting projects)
- Team management including setting objectives, reviewing performance, developing talent, interviewing and selecting new hires etc.
- 3+ years within digital marketing space
Advantageous Additional Qualifications and Experience
- Previous consultancy experience within a similar environment
- Global client relationship management with upsell/cross-sell experience