Job description and requirements
As a Consulting Director, you will be responsible for ensuring your team meets the highest standards of client service by supporting the delivery of multiple projects across several consultants. You will lead and manage a small professional team of consultants to support delivery within our US region client portfolio as well as support the recruitment effort to grow our team.
As an expert and trusted advisor in the modern marketing space, you will provide engagement leadership and support the development of senior level client relationships.
To be successful, you’ll need to work closely with your team to help identify our clients’ specific needs and business objectives, mentor accordingly to help implement products and services that help achieve client goals whilst at the same time supporting the development of expertise within the team.
- Responsible for team deliverables to clients by overseeing and supporting projects
- Support development of our team’s skill set and experience. Identify opportunities for team members to grow personally and diversify their skills to support the business
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality service, as well as soliciting and acting on client feedback
- Consistently evaluate and promote best practice in client management and delivery methodologies
- Responsible for working discipline within the team to ensure utilization targets are met
- Effectively manage team availability to ensure clients have continuity of service
- Expand contacts with key client executives and maintain strong post-engagement relationships introducing new opportunities accordingly
- Support consultants to identify needs clients may not recognize and ensure that approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs, for both the clients and the team member
- Support strategic development of new business and work with sales/marketing to ensure scope of work for each project is accurate and deliverable
Key Skills and Requirements
- Proven track record of client satisfaction in organizations of all sizes
- Solid experience interacting with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the CEO to administrative support staff
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Proven ability to develop clear processes
- Adept at learning new technologies, particularly to manage and mentor team members
- Expansive marketing automation experience and understanding of marketing operations best practices. (Marketo / Pardot / Eloqua)
- Commitment to stay up-to-date with relevant new learning and be an active participant in company sponsored learning events
- Uphold the highest of business ethics and personal integrity
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years related experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top tier consulting firms or digital agencies (including web, analytics, marketing operations and strategic consulting projects)
- 3+ years within digital marketing space
Advantageous Additional Qualifications
- Previous consultancy experience
- Team management including setting objectives, reviewing performance, etc.
- Global client relationship management with upsell/cross-sell experience
- Solid marketing automation delivery experience / certification (Marketo / Pardot / Eloqua)
- Further Education Professional Qualification